Monday, April 28, 2014

Macaroons

Raspberry Coconut Macarons

02.12.2014
Raspberry Coconut Macarons | Cooking Classy
If you follow me on Pinterest you may have noticed by now that I love macarons, I’m pinning them all the time. They are so delicate, I love their versatility of flavors and their bright colors and honestly how could I resist them, they taste like candy. Every time we go on vacation I’m sure to grab some – because they only sell them within probably 2 hours of me. In California I loved the salted caramel and the coconut macarons from Lette Macarons in Newport Beach, and during our recent short term move to Washington D.C. I loved getting the red velvet macarons from The Sweet Lobby.
With the recipe below I only listed the ingredients you’ll need then inserted a link to Bravetart for the directions. I love Stella’s recipe and it was also fun reading through her macaron myths. Macarons are tricky, and I’m no pro (I’ve only made them a number of times) so I’d thought it would be better just to link to her directions because she knows what she’s doing.
This recipe is very versatile. I also considered filling these with a chocolate ganache. They are very sweet with the jam, so if you don’t have much of a sweet tooth you might want to go with a little jam along with some dark or bittersweet ganache and maybe use a less sugar jam. Enjoy!
Raspberry Coconut Macarons | Cooking Classy
Raspberry Coconut Macarons
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Yield: Yields about 20
Ingredients
  • 115 grams almond flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
  • 230 grams powdered sugar
  • 144 grams egg whites
  • 72 grams granulated sugar
  • 3/4 tsp coconut extract
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • Red or pink food coloring (optional)
  • 3/4 cup raspberry jam
Start Your Day with Starbucks K-Cups
 
Directions
  • For macaron directions please visit the recipe here on Bravetart as that is the recipe I used, adding the 3/4 tsp coconut extract in place of the vanilla and tinting if desired with food coloring.
  • Allow macarons to cool completely. Spread about 1/2 Tbsp raspberry jam between 2 macarons. Store in an airtight container.
  • Recipe Source: adapted from Bravetart
These are the macarons from Lette (taken March 13′). I loved their vibrant colors.
Lette Macarons
Lette Macarons | Cooking Classy

No comments:

Post a Comment